Tuesday 10 January 2017

night before first placement

Well it's finally here, the night before my very first placement.
My bag is packed, my uniform is hung up with fob watch and id badge attached.
Tomorrow I will don my uniform and step out on the ward as a student nurse for the very first time, and I am so very nervous.

I expected to be nervous because it is a brand new never been done by me before adventure. I don't have the care experience of a lot of my colleagues in uni.  I did work for the doctors out of hours but in a receptionist role, so have experience with patients and their families in a non clinical way but this will be my first on the ward experience that isn't as a patient.

I've got a 7am start and I'm worried about oversleeping so can't seem to settle, I keep thinking that I will forget something or miss something or do something wrong.

I know its normal but I feel as if as soon as I walk out onto that ward that my mind will go blank.
It really doesn't help that I woke up this morning with a cold, runny nose and sore throat combo.

Fingers crossed that the doses of cold and flu medicine work their magic tonight.

Wish me luck, and if your reading this as a student nurse before your first placement, good luck to you too.

I'll update with how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment