Thursday 22 September 2016

Getting organised - children

As a student nurse you need to be organised, you need to make sure that you have everything you need for your lectures and classes. Know where notes are for revision and have a good and complete schedule so you have time to get assignments and things complete. 
But as a student nurse who is also a single mum you have to be extra organized, not only do you have to sort all your own things out you also need to have your kids stuff sorted too. 

I only have one child and I am lucky that I have help from my family to look after her otherwise I know I would struggle to be doing what I'm doing. She is in nursery 2 and a half days a week, and stays with her dad 2 nights a week, which really does help.

I decided to help everyone out, including myself, I got a set of draws that fit under our stairs in the hall. I am using these to organise clothes and things for C during the week.

 I put the weekdays on the draws and added uniform, underwear and socks to each day.

 There is even a spare draw at the bottom for shoes and a rain jacket for nursery, as well as pull ups and nightclothes for night time incase i'm not home to get her ready.
 Friday's draw was a double size so she has spare socks and underwear in there.

It seems to have worked this week and helps me to get organised as well as teaching Charlotte where her things are in the morning for when she is a little older and able to dress herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment